SALPS is designed to assist you in understanding your responsibilities as a personal license holder, covering the legal basis of the required training of staff selling or serving alcohol under the Licensing Scotland Act 2005. The content also provides good practise in managing conflict situations and the standard of service.
The course will cover the following areas:
- Licensing and the licencing objectives
- The definition of ‘alcohol’ in the Act
- What constitutes an unlicensed sale
- The functions of licensing standards officers and their powers
- The nature of an operating plan and it place in the licensing system
eLearning courses are designed to be interactive to help learners stay focused and engaged in the learning they are faced with.
The courses require the learner to perform small actions within the course, revealing further information, or quiz questions to help them reflect upon previous course content they have studied. A CPD certificate can be downloaded on completion.