Those working within the health and social care sector have a responsibility to be aware of what causes falls, the impact of falls and how to prevent them. The number of people who suffer from falls in the UK is increasing and it is of paramount importance that you do what you can to reduce the risks and thus the injuries resulting from falls.
This online ‘Falls Prevention’ content will provide candidates with the skills to identify the complex factors which may lead to a fall. To reduce the risk of falling it is important to recognise these factors
People fall because of a complex mix of factors. To reduce falling, it is important to identify these factors, and recognise those that could signify serious, but treatable, underlying medical problems.
The course will cover the following areas:
- Understand costs and implications of falls on patients, their families and organisations
- Recognise falls risk factors
- Recognise who is at risk of falls and injury
- Recognise importance of bone health in relation to falls risk
- Understand roles other staff play in fall prevention
- Understand what to do in the event of a patient falling
eLearning courses are designed to be interactive to help learners stay focused and engaged in the learning they are faced with.
The courses require the learner to perform small actions within the course, revealing further information, or quiz questions to help them reflect upon previous course content they have studied. A CPD certificate can be downloaded on completion.
There are no reviews yet.