Legionella, or Legionnaires’ disease is a potentially fatal type of pneumonia, contracted by inhaling airborne water droplets containing viable bacteria. These droplets can be found in hot and cold water outlets; atomisers; wet air conditioning plant; and whirlpool or hydrotherapy baths. Keep your staff and clients safe by investing in the Erudition CPD certified e Learning course. Our online Legionnaires content will give the users an increased understanding of Legionnaires’ disease, including the potential consequences of an outbreak and the symptoms associated with the disease. This online content also provides information on the relevant legislation and requirements for compliance.
The course will cover the following areas:
- Recognise the implications of a Legionnaires’ disease outbreak
- Summarise how Legionnaires outbreaks can occur in water handling systems
- Identify relevant legislation and the requirements for compliance
- Recognise the role of water handling system owners
- Recognise the role of water handling systems safety providers
- Identify higher risk water handling system
e Learning courses are designed to be interactive to help learners stay focused and engaged in the learning they are faced with.
The courses require the learner to perform small actions within the course, revealing further information, or quiz questions to help them reflect upon previous course content they have studied. A CPD certificate can be downloaded on completion.
There are no reviews yet.