This Erudition e Learning course has been designed for those encountering bereaved people in their professional life. It is designed to help them understand the issue surrounding bereavement and how to communicate with clients and customers after someone close to them has died.
In this course, we will aim to:
– Improve our understanding of the definitions of loss
– Explore the 5 stages of the grieving process
– Think about ways we can support ourselves during this process
– Think about ways we can support others during this process
– Raise our awareness of where to find information, support and counselling
On completion of this course, learners should know and understand the following:
- The stages of dying
- Dealing with change
- Cultural awareness and adopting a non-judgmental approach
- The pathway to a good death
- Duty of care and maintaining privacy, dignity and respect
- Managing the environment
- Family and visitors and coping with loss
- Record keeping of questions and best practice responses
- Maintaining attitude and behaviour
A CPD certificate is available to download on completion of the course.
There are no reviews yet.